Tech Park: Part 1
Go to Tech Park to test your skills as a wireless designer. In part 1 you will design a wireless network to cover the tech park building. Instruction for completing Part 1:
- Read the Request for Proposal (Parts 1-3). Pay special attention to the specification that are important to the network design.
- On the location mapping page in the simulation, add the needed access points to the diagram and place them in the specified rooms as close to the center as possible. Each AP will accommodate 30 people.
- Students will modify the following values for each frequency (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) until the appropriate cover area is achieved:
- Adjust the Transmitter Gain and Antenna Gain (EIRP) until the required area is covered with a RSSI value of -50 or less. Use the least amount of power possible to limit the interference with the other APs.
- Adjust channels for each AP so they do not interfere with adjoining or overlapping APs (use only channels 1, 6, 11 for 2.4 GHz and channels 149, 157, 165 for 5 GHz).
- Adjust the AP location as necessary.
- Repeat the process (Steps 2-3) for each AP (8 total).
- Once everything is setup, test your configuration and adjust your settings as needed. 5 points will be deducted each time you test after the initial test.
- Submit for grade once everything is complete. Grade is determined by:
- -5 for each incorrect Gain (EIRP) or Channel setting
- -5 for each attempt after initial
- You may submit for grade only once.
Last modified: Monday, April 13, 2015, 11:22 AM