- Section 8 Protein Purification
Below are the basic steps that could be taken to isolate and purify a protein from an organ sample. These steps are simple and flexible. They will vary depending on the chemical and physical components of your protein and the protein source. The strategies in this lesson focus on target proteins, such as insulin, for purification.
Just like any lab performed whether in a classroom or industry, training of the process and equipment is vital for lab safety, efficiency and product quality assurance. This is what you will do in this lesson.
To Complete Section 8:
- Collect the Section 8 Insulin Flow Chart Pieces and Section 8 Guided Reading Notes notes from your instructor. Copies are also below.
- Cut out all flow chart pieces
- Complete Section 8 Guided Reading Notes while building a purification flow chart as you work through Lesson 8.1 Protein Purification
- Organize the flow chart pieces into a sample purification scheme
- Capture and submit flow chart to assignment folder titled "Protein Purification Chart"
- Complete Section 8 quiz. You have TWO attempts. The highest attempt will be saved.